Thursday 26 July 2012

PUBLISHED!

Hey guys! This week I had an interview published in print and online for my local paper, the Peterlee Star.




In this week’s look into the vibrant East Durham music scene, we visited talented Easington songwriter Khyle Fryer.
Khyle’s music is not only performed by him, but also produced and recorded within the four walls of his home.
He has been part of many bands as guitarist and vocalist, however he is now standing at the front of the stage by himself, playing his own songs his way.
The Star  Currently, what are you doing musically?
Khyle – I’m a singer/songwriter, I play guitar, drums and piano. I used to perform as a bassist in my previous band but recently we split up so I perform as a solo artist.
I study music and music production at Teesside University, record and produce my own tracks.
The Star  You describe yourself as a singer songwriter, what genre would you put yourself in?
Khyle – I don’t limit myself to certain genres and I’m practically open to trying anything. I am currently listening to Death Cab For Cutie, Biffy Clyro. Two Door Cinema Club and Goyte so I would hope that my music is a mix of electric genres.
The Star  What do you hope to achive within music?
Khyle  My goal is for many to hear my music. To achieve some success, maybe even to gig at festivals and in front of thousands of people.
I have had numerous tracks played on BBC Radio and a single I released has sold well and it lifts my spirits. I’ve had numerous tracks played on BBC Radio and airplay across different countries.
○Khyle is trying to make his mark and get his own music heard on the internet. You can add to his current four hundred and thirty three followers on “Soundcloud” http://soundcloud.com/khyle-fryer.
You can also follow him on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/khylef

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments or critiques are very much appreciated.